print/cups-base 1.2.0_2 and locally connected printer

David MAREC david.marec at free.fr
Sat Jul 1 13:17:08 UTC 2006

Le lundi 26 juin 2006 04:18, Rick Voland a écrit :

> It seems to be a permissions thing.

I have the same problem running FreeBSD 6.1.
dæmon was still working.
( maybe, as soon as i removed cups-lpr from the system )

> Now, I can print to the parallel port.  I didn't have to do this with
> print/cups-base 1.1.23.0_9.

to work through local ports.
Setting «rw» permissions to group only, does'nt.

Is there new device policies defined by cups ?

--
David Marec						www.diablotins.org
http://david.marec.free.fr				www.fr.freebsd.org/fr