FreeBSD Port: bacula-server-1.38.5_1 rc scripts

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Mon Jan 30 09:05:29 PST 2006

On 29 Jan 2006 at 21:26, Trix Farrar wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:
> > On 29 Jan 2006 at 15:00, Trix Farrar wrote:
> >
> >> Hello:
> >>
> >> I use Bacula to back up several clients to a single Director/Storage host.
> >> When I installed Bacula under FreeBSD 5.3/5.4/6.0, I found the sample rc(8)
> >> script disappointing because it doesn't appear to work well with client-only
> >> machines.
> >
> > What is the problem with client-only machines?  I have several.
> >

> Bacula itself works just fine.  That's not the issue I am attempting to
> address.  The scripts I've written are an attempt to tie in to rc(8) and
> rcorder(8).
>
> I understand that the z-bacula.sh.sample script is generic and
> platform-agnostic, but I wanted a system that takes advantage of the
> flexibility of functions like rc.conf(5) for instances where my build machine
> is not where I choose to run bacula-sd and bacula-dir.
>
> The z-bacula.sh.sample script will attempt to start all daemons that are
> present; whether they are needed on the machine or not.  My scripts give the
> flexibility to set whether or not a daemon runs with a flag in rc.conf(5).

It looks like mailman stripped your original attachment.  It can be
found here for a short while:

   http://beta.freshports.org/tmp/bacula-sh.shar

NOTE I've changed the file names to have no path, so people don't
overwrite their production files.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/