Patching problem

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Jan 23 20:10:14 PST 2006

--On January 23, 2006 4:08:54 PM -0600 Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu>
wrote:

> I'm working on a slave port that applies some patches that are not needed
> in the master port.
>
> Three of the files being patched are op_sguil.c, op_sguil.h and
> op_plugbase.c.  Those files exists in WRKDIR/src/output-plugins when the
> tarball is extracted.  How should I name these patches so that they will
> be applied?
>
> I tried patch-src-output-plugins-op_*, but that fails.  (I'm sure it's
> because of the conflict in naming the output-plugins dir with a dash.)
>
> What's the workaround for this?

Just for the record, here's how I solved the problem.

1) Edited the patchfiles per Scott Hetzel's pointer (dumb mistake on my
part)
2) Edited the Makefile to add PATCHDIR=	files, so when the port builds it
uses the patch files from its own FILESDIR but uses the RC script and
pkg-message.in files from the master port's FILESDIR