HEADSUP: new infrastructure changes in bsd.port.mk and co

Mikhail Teterin mi at corbulon.video-collage.com
Sat Jan 21 20:02:16 PST 2006

> > * Fix 'all-depends-list' target in cases if dependencies list is
> > very long and if some dependencies can't be added into the list.

> BTW, I'm not sure that's the best description of the change..it fixes
> certain instances where ports would not be added to the dependency
> list because of being partial substrings of other ports already added.

> I think it's also more efficient than the previous method.

The old method's (horrendous) inefficiency and fragility to dependency
loops were my original motivation. It was only when I started
comparing the new and the old methods' outputs, that I discovered the
substring-bug in the old.

> Anyway, I think we need to also do the same thing for other
> *-depends-list targets, in particular package-depends-list.

Yes. It is a tad more compex for the others, though -- I looked.

> Mikhail, do you have any interest in implementing that?

I do, but I may be carried away by other projects. If anyone beats
me to it, I'll be perfectly happy. I'm surprised, no one did yet...

	-mi