framework for adding/removing port-specific user

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 12:46:49 PST 2006

On 1/21/06, Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there any framework in development to add port- and package-specific
> users/groups to the system?
>
> I think, I need a special user for a new port I'm working on, and don't want
> to reinvent the wheel...
>
> If not, any takers? So that a port can just declare
>
>        CUSTOM_USER=    user:group
>
> (or any part thereof) and have the neccessary spells cast for it?

The problem is that we can't do it in Mk/bsd.port.mk as the user will
need to be created when a package is installed.

I was working on a pkg_subr port (similar to rc_subr), that would
allow a package to use common sub routines used by ports.

A few of the subroutines allow the pkg-install/deinstall scripts to:

- add/remove/disable users and groups
- add/remove/disable entries in files (/etc/rc.conf, /etc/inetd.conf, ...)

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.