misc/amanda-server: taper: Cannot allocate memory

Steve Wills steve at stevenwills.com
Mon Jan 16 17:01:12 PST 2006

After updating misc/amanda-server recently after having not updated it
for a long while, I have been unable to write to tape, with these
errors from taper:

taper: attach_buffers: (20 tapebufs: 659696 bytes) Cannot allocate memory

After some googling and research I tried adding:

--with-mmap

to the CONFIGURE_ARGS in the Makefile. This seemed to solve the
problem. Could this be added to the port, or do might this be due to
something wrong with my system? It's a 4.11 system FWIW.

Thanks,
Steve

PS. I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me on replies.