All php ports maintained by Ale missing long descriptions

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun Jan 15 12:52:35 PST 2006

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, fbsd_user wrote:

> On Sunday 15 January 2006 18:42, fbsd_user wrote:
>> The answer to your smart ass question is YES.
>> That long description field is there for a purpose.
> more
>> easy to use.
>> It is not the readers job to guess what the port does.
>> So if you don't have any value to add to this post please keep
> your
>> silly thoughts to your self.
>> You only make your self look like a fool and waste peoples time.
>
> 	First, you didn't need to send this to -ports.
> 	Then, you could have been a bit more polite.
> 	Finally, as a long time FreeBSD user and smart person, you
> 	could have used the usual way to report such a problem
> 	using send-pr or its web front-end.
>
> --
> Florent Thoumie
> flz at FreeBSD.org
> FreeBSD Committer
>
> ***********************************
>
> oh yea chastise me instead of Marc G. Fournier who was the rude
> person.

You don't consider:

> How is your stupid standard meaningless php long description helping users
> determine what the port does???
> I don't remember the php ports being this way in the past?
> This makes all the php ports useless. This needs fixing.

being 'rude and utterly useless'?  All I did was point out that the php*
ports weren't as unintuitive as you put them out to be ... sorry if I hate
you with your flame-retardant suit at the cleaners, but you shouldn't have
posted obvious flame-bait before getting it back ...

----