Distfiles and FTP Traffic-Shaping

Jean-Yves Lefort jylefort at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 13 11:47:15 PST 2006

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:03:21 +0000
RW <list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com> wrote:

> Is anyone else having problems with their ISP Traffic-Shaping FTP in favour of
> HTTP? In my case the problem is quite severe and FTP distfile downloads are
> running below dial-up speed.
>
> If it's not just me, it would be nice to have a "PREFER_HTTP_SITES" option
> that brings any http sites to the the beginning of the site list in
> bsd.port.mk.

Or better, regex-based sort preferences. For instance, to prefer
French HTTP servers, then HTTP servers, then French servers, then
everything else:

MASTER_SITE_SORT=	^https?://[-a-zA-Z0-9_.-]+\.fr/	\
			^https?://			\

--
Jean-Yves Lefort

jylefort at FreeBSD.org