amd64 package builds (Re: A few ports fail to rebuild after cvsup)

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Tue Jan 3 20:37:12 PST 2006

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 12:23:13PM -0600, Mark Kane wrote:
>
>>Mark Kane wrote:

>>>Thanks for the response. I checked, and:
>>>
>>>Fri Dec 30 11:17:21 CST 2005
>>>
>>>-Mark
>>
>>Any additional ideas on this? I checked pointyhat for any build failures
>>for Spidermonkey but the build logs for amd64 look normal.
>>/etc/make.conf doesn't contain anything special other than the info
>>about the Perl version. I also checked cvsweb and it doesn't look like
>>Spidermonkey has had any changes for 4 months, so I don't think a cvsup
>>would help.
>

> spidermonkey has indeed been broken for a long time on all
> architectures.  The reason it does not show up on the amd64 package
> build is that the build has been disabled for some months because my
> single amd64 package build machine has either been needed for other
> activities, or has encountered kernel bugs that need analysis.
>
> If anyone can offer me some more amd64 machines with hosting through
> their company then I can get the amd64 builds back on track
> (unfortunately, I can't accept offers from private individuals except
> with good trust relationship to me).
>
> Kris

Thanks for the response Kris.

I see what you are saying about builds and machines, but do you know why
this port is broken? I'm not trying to use packages, I want to use
ports. In other words, if it's been broken for a long time (especially
for all architectures) why wouldn't it be marked as broken? Do you know
of a planned fix for the port?

Since I really needed Avidemux working, I got the source tarball direct
from the Avidemux site and compiled it myself in my home directory. I
was able to use the libjs.so from the spidermonkey work directory and
thankfully that was enough for it to compile properly.

Thanks again.

-Mark

--
GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc

Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com
Rock 101.9 The Edge (Rock) - http://www.rock1019.net

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)