FreeBSD Port: security/courier-authlib-base (rc.d changes problem)

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Sun Jan 1 15:49:22 PST 2006

Doug Barton wrote:
> Mike Jakubik wrote:
>> It seems that since the new rc.d MFC, the courier authdaemond does not
>> start up properly. My setup uses mysql, here is the error i get when
>> booting:
>>
>> FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #0: Thu Dec 29 15:08:50 EST 2005 amd64
>>
>> Dec 31 13:45:45 mail authdaemond: modules="authmysql", daemons=5
>> Dec 31 13:45:45 mail authdaemond: Installing libauthmysql
>> Dec 31 13:45:45 mail authdaemond: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.14"
>> not found, required by "libauthmysql.so"
>> Dec 31 13:45:47 mail postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail
>> system
>> Dec 31 13:45:47 mail postfix/master[657]: daemon started -- version
>> 2.2.7, configuration /usr/local/etc/postfix
>
> You didn't mention what version of mysql you are using, but this seems
> to be a problem with the mysql startup. authdaemond REQUIRE's mysql,
> which has this in the mysql-server.sh file:
>
> # PROVIDE: mysql
> # REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS
> # BEFORE: DAEMON
> # KEYWORD: shutdown

I am using the following ports:

mysql-client-4.1.16 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-4.1.16 Multithreaded SQL database (server)
courier-authlib-base-0.58 Courier authentication library base
courier-authlib-mysql-0.58 MySQL support for the Courier authentication
library
courier-imap-4.0.6_1,1 IMAP (and POP3) server that provides access to
Maildir mail

> It is unclear to me why mysqld has to start before DAEMON, and in fact
> that seems bogus, but there may be a good reason for it. At minimum,
> ldconfig should be added to the REQUIRE line, as it is possible for
> ldconfig to run after NETWORKING and SERVERS, but before DAEMON, and
> still be after mysql-server is run.
>
> Try adding ldconfig to the REQUIRE line of your copy of
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh and see if it solves this problem
> for you, and report the results.

I made the changes and rebooted, however the problem remains.