mail/qmail make reinstall fails

Renato Botelho garga at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 28 05:36:20 PST 2006

Em 28/2/2006 10:21 Spil Oss escreveu:
> Hi Garga,
>
> Make reinstall failed
>
> install  -o root -g wheel -m 555
> /usr/ports/mail/qmail/work/enable-qmail /var/qmail/scripts
> touch: /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-mailer-daemon: No such file or directory
> Failed to create files :
>   /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-postmaster
>   /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-root
>   /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-mailer-daemon
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/qmail.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/mail/qmail.
>
> .qmail-mailer-daemon was a link to .qmail-postmaster (something I
> picked up from some qmail howto guide)
>
> Moving these files to another directory, make reinstall ran fine.
> Copying .qmail-postmaster to .qmail-mailer-daemon (i.e. making it a
> regular file) worked too. After moving the original files back,
> qmail's running fine again.

Hello,

I'm trying to reproduce this here, but cannot until now. I tried to
create a symbolic link .qmail-mailer-daemon -> .qmail-postmaster,
and ran `make reinstall` but it installs perfectly.

What port does is a touch on each 3 files on /var/qmail/alias:

.qmail-mailer-daemon
.qmail-postmaster
.qmail-root

touch just create the file if it doesn't exist, and it works fine if
the file is a symlink.

Could you give more information about FreeBSD version, qmail port
version, arch?

Thanks
--
Renato Botelho <garga @ FreeBSD.org>