devel/apr-svn (apr-db4-1.2.2_2) (configure error)

Bill Milford freebsd at milfordmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:20:30 PST 2006

--

I am seeing this on my FreeBSD 6.1 box.
Uname:  FreeBSD mail2.milfordmail.com 6.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #7: Mon Feb 27 14:24:07

I actually started seeing it the day before the libtools update hit.  I think it was the perl5.8.8
update that may have triggered it.

I have been noticing that all configure scripts are having errors.  They are not acting on any
arguments.

I get this error message at the beginning of any configure script:
      configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target

I am trying to install OpenCA which is not in the ports tree, but it configure file does the same
thing.  I too have verified that for some reason bash is getting called and if I rename the bash
executable in /usr/local/bin it functions correctly.

./configure --help doesn't even work.

I think this will cause major problems in building any port that required arguments to configure.

I am relatively new to this mailing list so forgive any omissions and please ask for what ever
information will help solve this.

Bill Milford