libtool note in UPDATING

Tim Bishop tim at bishnet.net
Mon Feb 27 14:10:50 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 14:06 -0800, Christopher Kelley wrote:
> Also, will 6.1-RELEASE have this change already in the ports tree that
> it ships with?  I don't quite understand exactly at what point the ports
> tree is copied to the RELEASE.

Yes, 6.1-RELEASE will include these changes.

During the release cycle for 6.1-RELEASE there's a freeze of the ports
tree. We use that time to fix broken ports and generally test things. At
the end of this freeze the ports tree is tagged for the 6.1 release. The
tree in the release and the packages for 6.1 are built from this point.

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop
http://www.bishnet.net/tim/