Which ports store/use OPTIONS (/var/db/ports/portname/options)?

Chris Shenton chris at shenton.org
Mon Feb 27 09:18:08 PST 2006

Some ports store their configuration options into
/var/db/ports/portname/options, one example is gaim.

Other ports don't, like www/apache22.  This is annoying because I have
to remember when I rebuild it, and portupgrade won't get my needed
tweaks like WITH_PROXY_MODULES.

For apache22 I've set my needed tweaks in /etc/make.conf but that
doesn't seem the best place, especially since the config names are so
generic, like WITH_SSL_MODULES.

So why do some ports save these and others don't? Am I not doing
something required to get it to save these?

Thanks.