Trouble building gnomeprint...

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Fri Feb 24 20:22:42 PST 2006

During a regular portupgrade, I ran into the following:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk12
gmake[2]: *** [libgnomeprint.la] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/print/gnomeprint/work/gnome-print-0.37/libgnomeprint'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/print/gnomeprint/work/gnome-print-0.37'
gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/print/gnomeprint.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portupgrade90656.30 make
** Fix the problem and try again.

I've done some looking around.  Not sure how to fix it.  Looks like it
can't find gtk12?  So I deinstalled/reinstalled it, and rebuilt pkgdb.
No go.  Am I way off base here?  What am I missing?

I did a little googling, and searched the archives but nothing useful
turned up.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Regards,