FreeBSD Port: wine-0.9.8,1

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Fri Feb 24 15:22:34 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Antonio Mattana wrote:
> Dear Gerald,
> My wine 0.9.8,1 compiled from the ports collection won't run applications e.g,
> sol.exe.
> It complains about 0x80000000 heap address or some.
> Wine tests in .../work/wine-0.9.8 also complain about that.
> I read as much as i could about it, but i was unsuccessfull (i'm not a
> programmer, actually).
> Is there any setting and/or library i should have observed?

I can confirm this for sol.exe and FreeBSD 5.4.  calc.exe and notepad.exe
work, for example, and 32-bit Forte Agent passes this point during startup
(but still crashes at a later point, as it used to).

This will need someone with good knowledge of FreeBSD kernel/libc
internals to debug, I'm afraid.

Gerald
--
Gerald (Jerry) Pfeifer   gerald at pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/