HEADS UP: Ports tree is now frozen

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Thu Feb 23 01:57:10 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 03:45:43AM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> There are currently many ports that are known to be broken.  The main
> purpose of freezing the tree is so that developers can focus on this
> situation, so please check
>
>   http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/
>
> and work on submitting fixes for some of the ports broken on these two
> branches.  Many of them require only a few minutes of care and
> attention from a loving developer, and they'll be as good as new!!

In the case of the port I maintain (www/suphp), it apparently doesn't
build on sparc64 due to a dep. problem.  Upon visiting:

http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/freebsd@jdc.parodius.com.html

The log in question appears to be missing (404):

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/sparc64-errorlogs/e.6.2005101108/suphp-0.5.2_1.log

Visiting the full sparc64 error log list shows:

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/sparc64-errorlogs/e.6.2005101108/

But does not list suphp there.  Consider this maintainer confused.  ;-)

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |