Broken port needs immediate fix (Re: ports/93626: [patch] net/samba3 net/samba-libsmbclient: libsmbclient is not installed when WRKDIRPREFIX is defined)

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Feb 22 12:39:11 PST 2006

Is someone able to look at this immediately?

Kris

----- Forwarded message from Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> -----

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:36:19 -0500
From: Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>
To: "Timur I. Bakeyev" <timur at gnu.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, sa2c at sa2c.net,
	Edwin Groothuis <edwin at FreeBSD.org>,
	Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>, tmclaugh at FreeBSD.org,
	ade at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/93626: [patch] net/samba3 net/samba-libsmbclient: libsmbclient is not installed when WRKDIRPREFIX is defined

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 05:09:58AM +0100, Timur I. Bakeyev wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> My fault, I've copied this lines from another port, without deep
> thinking about their meaning...
>
> So, proposed fix is correct and should be applied to the current samba3
> port(dunno, is it possible due freeze right now). Thanks, Niimi, for
> spotting it so quickly.
> Kris, that's the fix to the problem you've reported, as well as to the
> ports/93688. So, can one of the commiters apply this fix ASAP? (Tom has
> connectivity problems right now, so can't do it by himself...).

The port is still broken:

  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.5-exp.2006020203/samba-libsmbclient-3.0.21b.log

This port must be fixed immediately since it's in the dependency chain
for KDE and GNOME, and it's blocking the testing work that we need to
finish before the start of the freeze.

If someone can fix it in the next hour we can proceed, otherwise I'll
have to revert the broken updates.

Kris