print/acroread7 and firefox plugin

[LoN]Kamikaze LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de
Wed Feb 22 06:08:57 PST 2006

I have several issues with the latest print/acroread7 .

# firefox "about:plugins"
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
[/usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so: Undefined
symbol "__ctype_b_loc"]

This error is new, I never had problems with the acread plugin for
firefox before.

Another problem with acroread is that the open and save dialogs cause
acroread to crash with the following output.

(acroread:26856): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path:
"clearlooks",

(acroread:26856): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon
'gnome-fs-home'. The
hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
        http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases

The first warning appears when acroread is executed. The second when I
click the open/save buttons. Is there some way to make the linux GTK use
the themes installed for freebsd?