sourceforge subdir default

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 01:58:28 PST 2006

On 2/18/06, Sam Lawrance <lawrance at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 18/02/2006, at 8:12 PM, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
>
> > I wonder if we can set MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR to
> > PORTNAME by default when MASTER_SITES is
> > equal to MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE or
> > M_S_SF_EXTENDED? We don't have to take care
> > of ':whatever', just handle the simplest case - and
> > it will save hundreds of lines.
>
> How?

Now that you've asked it, I don't see an easy/harmless
solution :-) Except maybe:

.if !defined(IGNORE_MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE_PORTNAME}
MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE_PORTNAME+=  \
    ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE:S,%SUBDIR%,${PORTNAME}/&,}
.endif

A more subtle solution would require using some
distinctive placeholder in bsd.sites.mk (like %SUBDIR-SF%)
and a little rehaul of the code in b.p.m. I'll look at
it after the freeze.

BTW, sf mirror list in b.s.m seems to be out of date. Current
mirror list is something like this:

switch umn belnet heanet jaist puzzle easynews kent voxel
internap surfnet nchc ovh superb keihanna optusnet mesh

and it seems that the list is full for any project (no extended
lists anymore).