FreeBSD Port: clamav-0.88

Chuck Rock carock at epconline.com
Fri Feb 17 05:39:05 PST 2006

I have a FreeBSD 5.2.1 system that this port is having a problem
installing on.

I have not had any dificulties with the previous releases on this machine.

I tried downloading the port, running make. I got the following.

===>  Vulnerability check disabled
===>  Found saved configuration for clamav-0.80
===>  Extracting for clamav-0.88
=> Checksum OK for clamav-0.88.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for clamav-0.88
===>  Applying extra patch
/root/modules/clamav/files/extra-patch-libclamav__unrarlib.h
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for clamav-0.88
===>   clamav-0.88 depends on shared library: gmp.6 - found
===>  Configuring for clamav-0.88
===>  Building for clamav-0.88
make: cannot open Makefile.
*** Error code 2

I found this error similar on an online forum, they didn't have any
resolution.

I checked ownership and directory space, no problems.

So I decided to install the package instead.

That installed without errors, but when I tried to run freshclam to update
the virus database, I received this error.

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libz.so.3" not found

I did a locate, and I only have this.

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
/usr/share/man/man1/ld-elf.so.1.1.gz
/var/run/ld-elf.so.hints

I have not had any problems before, so I don't know where to turn. I was
unable to find any help searching online for these issues. I have about 6
FreeBSD servers to update with varying FreeBSD versions from 4.9 to 5.4. I
have had no problems like this in the past several ClamAV upgrades.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chuck