[ports-i386@FreeBSD.org: resin-2.1.17 failed on i386 7]

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jb.quenot at caraldi.com
Mon Feb 13 06:15:19 PST 2006

* Kris Kennaway:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:27:55AM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to use PTHREAD_LIBS, but I get the following error on
> > 5.3-RELEASE:
> >
> > /usr/bin/ld -shared -o libresin.so jni_vfs.o std.o memory.o ssl_stub.o -pthread -lssl -lcrypto
> > /usr/bin/ld: unrecognized option '-pthread'
> >
> > ld(1) manual page does not give any information about -pthread.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> PTHREAD_LIBS is not a linker flag, it's a compiler flag passed at the
> link stage (i.e. cc -pthread).

This is not  obvious, as one of the possible  values
of PTHREAD_LIBS is « -lc_r », see line 1937 of
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk.  Documentation at
porters-handbook/dads-pthread.html talks  about
« linker flag »...

And there is  also a misleading variable
PTHREAD_CFLAGS.  I would assume the latter to be a
compiler flag, as the name implies.  And by the way,
this variable is not documented in the porter's
handbook.

Is there a possible improvement somewhere?
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
http://caraldi.com/jbq/