Bad system call (core dumped)

Bachilo Dmitry root at solink.ru
Thu Feb 9 22:46:43 PST 2006

I've tried to compile Xchat 2.6.1 from sources, it compiled with no errors,
but when I start xchat it gives me "Bad system call (core dumped)".
So i've cvsuped ports and compiled this version of Xchat from them firs of all
i've got Shared object "libexpat.so.5" not found, required by
"libfontconfig.so.1", and I've made a symbolic link
ln -s libexpat.so libexpat.so.5
and then again typed xchat, but, as ususal
Bad system call (core dumped)

Is that a problem with sources, or there's something wrong with my system?