gamin 0.1.7

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Feb 9 00:48:51 PST 2006

Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> writes:

> Signal 11 is a segmentation fault indicating a NULL pointer dereference.
> Compile courier with debugging symbols, then get a full backtrace when
> imapd dumps core:
>
> gdb imapd imapd.core
> (gdb) bt full

Well, I have seen gamin go crazy on SUSE Linux 10.0 (like getting into
tight 100% CPU loops and other crap), I'd say it's much too early to
even CONSIDER gamin, let alone rely on it as new default and replacing
fam. And I'm annoyed if such virtually undocumented software where a
mission statement that is evidently a long shot from reality is all
there is to documentation.  I'm really annoyed if I am to be the beta
tester (no matter of which distribution, FreeBSD, random Linux,
whatever) without my informed consent.

I haven't yet checked if there are knobs in the FreeBSD ports to prevent
this crap from hitting my system and continue using FAM instead, I'd say
there should be.

--
Matthias Andree