Firefox upload mimetypes

Jochen Haemmerle mail at jhaemmerle.org
Wed Feb 8 15:42:01 PST 2006

Hi everyone,

I discovered a problem with my firefox 1.5.0.1 yesterday.

I try to upload a zip-file to a webapplication and firefox sets the
mimetype of the submitted content to "application/octetstream" instead of
using "application/zip" or "application/x-zip". The webapp doesn't accept
the "octetstream" mimetype. It expects "zip" or "x-zip"
Using Konqueror(kde 3.5.1) it works just fine.
Is there any way how I can configure my firefox to use these mimetypes?

I'm running FreeBSD 6-Stable (if this has anything to do with it).

Cheers
Jochen