gamin 0.1.7

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 8 13:30:39 PST 2006

eculp at encontacto.net wrote:
> IIRC, gamin was dumping core, but since it was a production server I
> didn't look further but went back to courier.

Was the gam_server to dump core or the courier-imap using libgamin? If
it was the former it never happened to me, the latter could be a courier
bug exploited by an unexpected different behaviour of gamin.

> If you think the new version has a
> chance of working with courier, I could give it a try.  Early tomorrow
> morning or maybe this evening if I can get caught up. (CST).

Giving a real quick look at courier source code I can see a few
potential bugs regarding missing or uncorrect checks of FAMPending
return values. I don't know if they can cause logical errors and dump
core, but surely the fam integration is not perfect. The quick answer is
"try the new version", even if the probabilities are not many.

--
Alex Dupre