FreeBSD Port: graphics/ivtools 1.2.1 marked forbidden

Scott Johnston johnston at vectaport.com
Tue Feb 7 07:38:13 PST 2006

In July 2005 the ivtools 1.2.1 port was marked forbidden due to an
internal copy of libtiff with security problems.

On October 7th, 2005  I released ivtools-1.2.3 with support for an
external libtiff (using a --with-tiff and --with-tiff-lib configure
arguments).   I notified Simon L. Nielsen who had expressed an
interest in updating the port.

I'm just sending this reminder because I saw a posting about this
topic on a freebsd.ports news group today.  I hope ivtools can remain
available to the FreeBSD community.

Scott Johnston
http://www.ivtools.org