Unfetchable distfiles reminder

Seán C. Farley sean-freebsd at farley.org
Tue Feb 7 07:10:27 PST 2006

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Bill Fenner wrote:

> In addition, the list of all ports with any unfetchable distfile is
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/bad.html

For open-motif, it says:
ftp://ftp.ics.com/pub/Products/Motif/om2.2.3/src/openMotif-2.2.3.tar.gz:
looking for file 550 openMotif-2.2.3.tar.gz: No such file or directory.
(Last OK result NEVER [checked 17 times since Sun Sep 11 16:02:14 2005
UTC, last time was Mon Feb 6 13:18:45 2006 UTC])

It works from the port to fetch it.  fetch uses PASV to download it.
With a tool I wrote and curl, which both use EPSV by default, it fails.
I bet the port survey tool is using EPSV.  Maybe, ICS has a firewall
that does not understand EPSV so does not open the port for the incoming
connection.

Seán
sean-freebsd at farley.org