New /bin/sh based script to manage ports

Freddie Cash fcash at ocis.net
Fri Feb 3 16:14:55 PST 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 05:36 pm, Doug Barton wrote:
> Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
> > One minor nit I've noticed is that it even tries to update installed
> > ports that have a higher version number than the one currently in the
> > ports tree (for instance, some updated ports I haven't submitted
> > yet). Although not too important for the casual user, it could be
> > useful to have some means to avoid downgrading these ports.

> D'oh, thanks for mentioning this. I just added a fix for that, and as a
> result I was able to streamline the check_for_updates() function as
> well. You can find the new version at the URL below.

> Since this is the last bug/feature request I've received, I plan to
> work on a port for this script and commit it soon. Of course, if anyone
> else has feedback or suggestions, please don't hesitate.

Not sure is this is a bug with portmaster, with the ports tree, or with my
system's setup, but I'm having a hell of a time with openssl-stable.

/etc/make.conf includes WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes and WITH_OPENSSL_STABLE=yes.
openssl-stable-0.9.7i is installed.

Doing a "portupgrade openssl-stable" results in nothing happening.

Doing a "portmaster openssl-stable" results in it building the
openssl-stable port, then erroring out on the install with "This port is
already installed, run make re-install if you want to reinstall it"
errors.

And it will continue to ask me over and over (as a dependency of other
ports) if I want to upgrade openssl-stable, when there's nothing for it
to do.  If I run portmaster without the -i, it will error out almost
right away as it tries to erroneously build and install openssl-stable as
a dependency.

I downloaded portmaster after today's e-mail, where you forgot to include
the URL, so it should be the latest version.
--
Freddie Cash
fcash at ocis.net