New /bin/sh based script to manage ports

David J. Weller-Fahy dave-lists-freebsd-ports at weller-fahy.com
Thu Feb 2 22:55:14 PST 2006

* Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> [2006-02-03 02:43 +0100]:
> *sigh* Helps if I include the URL:
>
> http://dougbarton.us/portmaster.html

One thing I did notice is that you use only the pkgdeps from the
+CONTENTS files to determine dependencies.  Is there a particular reason
(besides speed) that you went with the pkgdeps instead of the *DEPENDS
variables in the port?  I noticed (for the mailfront port, in
particular) that bglibs was not listed as a dependency by portmaster,
but is a build dependency of mailfront, and wondered what implications
that could have.

Regards,
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]