Fixing broken dependencies

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 30 06:11:49 PST 2006

I used pkg_delete(1) to remove several unwanted ports but now
portmanager reports them as missing because they are still listed as in
the +CONTENTS of other packages, e.g. I pkg_delete'd koffice but
portmanager now lists it as MISSING because it is still listed in the
+CONTENTS of the kde meta-port as a @pkgdep.

What is the best way to fix this? If I run ``portmanager -u'' to upgrade
all the ports I suspect that it will simply reinstall all the ports it
considers are missing.

I'm sure I know how to do this, but I can't remember :(

Thanks.

Regards,

Mark