portupgrade complaining about texinfo

Mike Brown mike at skew.org
Fri Dec 29 03:59:30 PST 2006

On my FreeBSD 5.5-STABLE (2006-06-16) system, every couple of months
I update my ports collection, read UPDATING, and run portupgrade -a -i.

Today when I did this, portupgrade gave me a bunch of texinfo warnings like
this:

apache-2.0.59: "/usr/ports/print/texinfo" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete

Why is it looking for that nonexistent port?

Then, when it tries to update packages that have info pages, they fail with an
error about /usr/local/bin/makeinfo not being found. Why is it not trying to
use the system's /usr/bin/makeinfo?