Firefox & thunderbird crash saving a file

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 13 21:29:40 PST 2006

Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:34:35 -0600, Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, your problem is different after I read your message again. I don't
>>> have any of printer, so unsure with your problem.
>>
>> I can actually reproduce this just by doing print preview, then
>> hitting close, so no actual printer is needed.
>
> Afraid that I can't reproduce it. Does it happens at all the time or
> just sometimes, depend on what context you have in there?

Every single time, even with cupsd off, it still does it.

> Have you tried
> to do it in the safe mode (firefox -safe-mode)?

Just did that:

firefox --safe-mode
Segmentation fault

After I'm done with my current buildworld adventure, I'll try totally
setting aside my make.conf (which doesn't have anything really
exciting in it anyway) and see if that makes a difference.

Doug