FreeBSD Port: tcl-8.4.13_1,1

Wesley Shields wxs at atarininja.org
Wed Dec 13 09:44:44 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 10:44:10AM -0600, Chuck Rock wrote:
> I am unable to get this port to install. I've tried using portinstall
> command and manually making it from the port's directory.
>
> I have a fresh install of FreeBSD 6.1 with a custom kernel. I took the
> generic and only added the pf packetfilter options and smp.
>
> The port fails running the test scripts. This is the output from portinstall
> when trying to install MailScanner. It needs sqlite which needs tcl84.
>
> Scroll down to the bottom to see the failures. I let this thing run for a
> few hours, and it still didn't finish.

I had a user recently report a similar problem to me when building ntop.
He initially thought it was a problem with ntop but when I inspected the
logs I saw the same problem you are.  He simply removed (renamed?) the
test file and the build continued along.

I was able to test tcl84 in a tinderbox and did not have any problems.

-- WXS