Qt4 in Ports

Simon Phoenix phoenix.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 06:15:19 PST 2006

Cristiano Panvel said the following on 08.12.2006 19:52:
> Hi,
>
> Would like to know if the forecast to include the Qt4 in ports.
> Therefore still I am developing my applications in Qt3 and would like
> to use Qt4.

I'm not sure, but maybe Qt4 will be include to ports tree with KDE4.
If you want to develop applications with Qt4 now, you can install Qt4
from sources. By default it would install to
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-${QT_VERSION}
I have installed Qt-4.2.2 on my box and all works fine.
If your IDE is KDevelop, you can see how integrate Qt4 with KDevelop
here:
http://kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.3/faq.html#How_can_I_develop_with_Qt4_and_KDevelop-3.3.x.3F

Good Luck!

--