xorg-nestserver won't build on 4.11, says stdint.h missing

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at insightbb.com
Fri Dec 8 17:32:51 PST 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 19:27, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:19:27PM -0500, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> > I've been having a really weird video problem on my two machines when
> > running 4.11.  My 4.11 machines run XFree86 4.5.0
> >
> > I have a dual-head setup I've been using for a few years.  Recently, the
> > left monitor looks like it has a vertical sync problem, but I'm pretty
> > sure it's not the video hardware, because only host "lightning" have the
> > problem until today.  Now "daemon" also has it.  I can pull the drives
> > out (mobile racks) and put FreeBSD 6.1 in and these don't have the
> > problem.
> >
> > So I thought I'd switch to xorg.  But when I try to build xorg-nestserver
> > or xorg-server, the build breaks complaining that stdint.h doesn't exist.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm that these ports will build under 4.11?
>
> It's possible you're the first person to try it.  You really should
> try to migrate off of 4.x, maintainers are not required to support it
> and all support will soon be terminated.
>
> Kris
oki doki.

From perusing the web site, I can see that I have to upgrade thru the 5.x
series first, if I do a source upgrade.  If I do a binary upgrade, I can go
straight to 6.1, right?

Opps, I've been reading the Install notes for 5.x and I can't do a binary
pgrade from 4.x.

--
i386 FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
There are 10 types of people in this world. Ones that understand binary and