Index build fails at audio/gstreamer-plugins-esound

Shaun Amott shaun at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 6 03:52:59 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 04:17:29AM -0500, John Abrams wrote:

> At 09:32 PM 12/2/2006, you wrote:
> >On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 05:47:58PM -0500, John Abrams wrote:
> >> I'm trying to make index on a FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE box, and for some time
> >> I keep getting this error  (I have cvsupped several times):
> >
> >I have back-ported make(1) from a recent version of FreeBSD; you might
> >want to install it, from devel/make. This will save you a bit of
> >suffering. Install with PREFIX=/usr to overwrite the old make(1) in
> >base, or set MAKE=/usr/local/bin/make and use the full path to run it.
> >
> >Alternatively, the attached patch will fix this particular problem.
> >

> Shaun,
>
> Thank you for your help - installed devel/make, tried /usr/local/bin/make
> index, but got the same error...

You also need to set MAKE:

/usr/local/bin/make MAKE=/usr/local/bin/make index

PS: I'm not CC'ing you, because your mail server bounced my message last
time.

--
Shaun Amott // PGP: 0x6B387A9A
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin