Newbie creating a port: tracing dependencies

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 4 13:25:16 PST 2006

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:01:27 +0100
Erik Norgaard <norgaard at locolomo.org> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Ok, source compiles fine although I haven't tested it also works.
> But: I created this port on my working laptop which has a bunch of
> other apps.
>
> So I was wondering, how do I figure out direct dependencies?

Install misc/tinderbox and build your port in it. Start only with the
DEPENDS you're sure of. when it will fail you're see.

Insults are effective only where emotion is present.
		-- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?"  stardate 3468.1