portmaster patch for testing CONFLICTS and dependency list (Was: Re: portmaster and dependencies)

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Aug 24 21:15:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:51:56 -0500, Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

<snip>
> I've created a patch that has the dependency list change, plus the
> experimental work I'm doing on trying to handle alternate dependencies
> via
> CONFLICTS. It's at
> http://dougbarton.us/portmaster-conflicts-depends.patch.
> I would appreciate it if folks could at least test the dependency list
> hunk
> of that patch, and report back if they have any problems. As I said, it
> _should_ work, but it's a non-trivial change and I don't want to screw
> things up for anyone.

Awsome! I can test it in the next week or so. Right now, I am working on
install KDE and GNOME 2.15.x together in jail for conflict stuff by merge
into a prefix. When I am done w/ it, then I can test your patch by upgrade
GNOME 2.14.x to 2.15.x. It is a huge upgrade, so let's see how portmaster
can handles it. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

> Doug

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org