cvsup bug

Jason Boisvert boisvert at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 24 21:08:42 UTC 2006

Hi FreeBSD professionals,

Pls note that I received this error msg when trying to run portsdb -Uu on my
gateway 450 laptop.

The error:

[boisvert at kailash] ~ $ sudo portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait.."/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk", line 626: Malformed conditional
(${_USE_GNOME_ALL:Mgtk20}=="")
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 5992: if-less endif
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> games/freeciv-nox11 failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error

Here is my make.conf file:

[boisvert at kailash] ~ $ cat /etc/make.conf
# added by use.perl 2006-05-24 16:32:54
PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8

PORTSSUPFILE=/etc/ports-supfile
KERNCONF=KAILASH
NO_SENDMAIL=YES
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
CPUTYPE=pentium-m
WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=1
WITHOUT_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION=1
WITH_GTK2=1
WITHOUT_3DNOW=1
WITHOUT_DSP=1
WITH_DVD_DEVICE=/dev/acd0
WITH_CDROM_DEVICE=/dev/acd0
NO_LPR=true
CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes

Pls let me know if you need anything else.

Jason

I am running KDE 3.5.3 on 6.1-Release.