Apache 2.2 and Postgres

alan bryan alan.bryan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 21:58:59 UTC 2006

On 8/17/06, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:24:31PM -0700, alan bryan wrote:
> > # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so
> > /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so:
> > # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so
> > /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so:
> >
> > Shouldn't there be various pgsql things listed here?
>
> It depends.  For built-in Apache stuff, the answer is no; the
> modules are not shared (unless you explicitly build with shared
> support).  In English, this means you won't see any linked libs
> using ldd on *.so modules.

Thanks for responding.  As far as I know, the dbd parts of apache
don't use built-in code but link out to use the existing code.  That's
why in the link here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=113855247701995&w=2
uses a configure step that includes "--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql".
So, I think this means it's linking against the shared libs?  If
that's the case, then I should see those listed I think.  I'm thinking
that I'm experiencing a similar problem and that when I build the
apache22 port the apr-utils step isn't being told where my postgres
libs are.

The other errors also point to apache2.2 not seeing the postgres
install or being properly linked against it.  I'm trying to figure out
if I'm just not entering my make commands right or if this port is
broken and the WITH_PGSQL isn't working right.

--Alan