FreeBSD Port: asterisk-1.2.9.1_1

Robert A. Buaas buaas at wireless.net
Sun Aug 13 01:13:29 UTC 2006

Dear Max--

>From the Makefile, I see that the date at the top was nearly 3-years ago, so
it's not surprising that this port doesn't quite compile...  (but the date on
the file itself is June 19 of this year)

The version in the port is *-1.2.9.1. *-1.2.10 is the current release at
asterisk.org.

Using FreeBSD-6.1-RELEASE, I could only make an executable Asterisk by
defining WITHOUT_ZAPTEL and WITHOUT_FAX.

The ZAPTEL error was in chan_zap.c:9077 in pri_dchannel() complaining that a
structure didn't have a member "call". The port retrieved zaptel-0.11 whereas
your "needs list" at FreeBSD.org says you need zaptal-1.0. I retrieved it
manually, pasted it in the ports collection in place of the old version,
reconstructed zaptel which registered version-1.0, but still no luck...

The FAX error was in app_rxfax.c:290 in fx_fax_exec() complaining that a
structure didn't have a member "logging".

Both of these errors are likely the result of some change being made in a
header file, which is out of date... or something.

The ZAPTEL thing isn't a problem for me as I want only a SIP engine, but not
having the FAX capability is rather limiting...

Any suggestions? I'll certainly understand if you're no longer doing this
work.

very best regards/bob