extract both bz2 and gz files from distfiles

Mon Aug 7 21:50:21 UTC 2006

Quoting Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org> (Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:20:55 +0200):

> So you prefer imposing yet another dependency on the user is less evil
> than adding few lines of extra code in port Makefile?
>
> Interesting PoV.

We're talking about 4.x. It's on the way out. So it's about increased
complexity (own do-extract target) on the well supported systems, or
about another dependency on the old and "we support it if it isn't a
hassle" versions. For the linux ports Boris is needing this part, I
vote for another dependency (like we have already with USE_GCC in other
ports).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   Robot priest: And so we commend Vladimir's remains to the earth:
   filings to filings, rust to rust.