6-stable packages on FTP servers

Richard Bejtlich taosecurity at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:25:21 UTC 2006

On 8/4/06, Erwin Lansing <erwin at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Quite simple, the -exp build is with experimental patches to the
> infrastructure that needed extensive testing. That testing is only now
> finishing, so any packages that were built before that could not be used
> for anything else until the patches were in a state to be ready to be
> committed. I might upload the 6-exp packages as 6-stable this weekend,
> but I have to look at in which state they are in first.

Ok, thanks.  Are the non-experimental versions not being built?  Why
is zip, for example, still at 2.31, and why are the packages available
on the FTP servers not newer than 5 July 2006?

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/

kbibtex.tbz  	 	07/05/06  	07:00:00
kbiff.tbz 		07/05/06 	07:00:00
kbilliards.tbz 		07/05/06 	07:00:00
...and so on...