ipw-firmware port (Intel Pro/Wireless 2100)

Jonathan Herriott herriojr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 22:01:53 UTC 2006

Hi All!

I have been having trouble using the ipw-firmware port.  I am able to
get it up and running, and it is even associated to my wireless
network.  I use dhclient to get a lease and set everything up, which
works fine (this is after I enter the encryption and stuff).

The problem is when I try to ping or access any other IP address, even
my router I'm connected to.  Just pinging my router yields no results.
 I have loaded wlan_wep and provided the correct key (tried retyping
the key several times) to make sure I provided that portion correctly.
 I also tried disabling wep in my router to make sure it was not a
problem with the wlan_wep module.

Here's a dump of ifconfig ipw0

ipw0: flags=8847<UP,BROADCAST,DEBUG,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet6 fe80::204:23ff:fe6b:37ad%ipw0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5
        ether 00:04:23:6b:37:ad
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect (DS/11Mbps)
        status: associated
        ssid JONNET channel 11 bssid 00:09:5b:6a:ad:bc
        authmode OPEN privacy ON deftxkey 1 wepkey 1:104-bit txpowmax 100
        bintval 100

I tried specifying the debug option, but I do not where I will get the
output (could not find a specified log file).

I was wondering what other information I may need to provide to help
in troubleshooting this issue or if anyone knows what is going on.

Thanks,
Jonathan Herriott