little problem with pkg-plist

Jona Joachim jaj13 at web.de
Wed Aug 2 21:49:54 UTC 2006

Hi!
I ported SGE (SDL Graphics Extension) to FreeBSD and ran into a strange
problem with pkg-plist.
Among others these files are listed in pkg-plist:
lib/libSGE.a
lib/libSGE.so
lib/libSGE.so.0
lib/libSGE.so.0.030809

Those are the only files installed in lib.
libSGE.so.0 is a symlink to libSGE.so.0.030809 and libSGE.so is a
symlink to libSGE.so.0.
When I try to deinstall the port the following happens:

/usr/local/lib> ls -F | grep SGE
libSGE.a
libSGE.so@
libSGE.so.0@
libSGE.so.0.030809*
/usr/local/lib> cd /home/default/SGE
/home/default/SGE> sudo make deinstall
===>  Deinstalling for devel/SGE
===>   Deinstalling SGE-0.030809
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/libSGE.so.0' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is
incorrectly specified?)
/home/default/SGE> cd /usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib> ls | grep SGE
libSGE.so.0.030809

It looks like pkg_delete ignores what comes after the third dot in the
filename.
Is anybody familiar with this problem?
I wanted to fix this before I send-pr the port.

Best regards,
Jona