portmaster, bison, java/jdk15

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 04:33:04 UTC 2006

:
> As for solution, right now I am thinking about check on each port's
> conflict. Like for example:
>
>        - Check on if devel/bison has any of CONFLICT.
>        - CONFLICTS is devel/bison2, then check if
>          devel/bison2 exists.
>        - devel/bison2 does exist, then remove the
>          devel/bison out of dependency check list.
>        - Check if devel/bison2 needs to update.
>        - [...goes on as normal...]
>
> I don't know if it's good idea. Looks like create a database is a better
> solution?

How about changing the ports that depend on bison to use something like:

USE_BISON= 1+

Then either submit a Mk/bsd.bison.mk file, or patch bsd.port.mk so
that it will automatically detect which version of bison is installed
(see USE_[MYSQL, POSTGRESQL, BDB] in Mk/bsd.databases.mk for an
example) and added it as a BUILD_DEPENDS.

Note: If a port also needs bison as a RUN_DEPENDS, you could use
USE_BISON_RUN= 1+, and it would automatically set both a build, and
run dependancy.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.