FreeBSD Port: print/ghostscript-gnu-nox11

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 19:41:37 UTC 2006

On 4/25/06, Ken Weeks <1044ken at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 April 2006 11:23, Sam Lawrance wrote:
> > On 25/04/2006, at 8:18 PM, Ken Weeks wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I am running FreeBSD 6.0 AMD64.
> > > When I update with portsnap fetch update, portmanager -s,
> > > portmanager -u I get
> > > the following message:-
> > > ghostscript-gnu-nox11 7.07_15/print/ghostscript-gnu marked ignore
> > > failed
> > > during make.
> > > This then has a dependancy effect on imagemagik, kde and cups.
> > > Any suggestions on how to cure this problem would be appreciated
> >
> > Just saying that it "failed during make" is not enough to go on.  You
> > need to provide more information, such as the relevant snippet of a
> > log of the build.  You can capture a log by using the 'script' utility.
> Hi
> I think I have found where the problem lies. I have just tried to upgrade
> again just using the ghostscript printer options that were checked leaving
> the ones that were not checked and it has worked.
> When I chose all the options it failed.
> Ken

I had the same problem when I built ghostscript with all options
selected.  I had narrowed down the problem to these two options:

  "lvga256"  "SVGAlib, 256-color VGA modes" "$status_lvga256" \
  "vgalib"   "SVGAlib, 16-color VGA modes" "$status_vgalib" \

Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to go further into the problem
and currently don't have the build error with these two options
enabled.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.