Skype issues?

Sat Apr 22 15:57:09 UTC 2006

Am Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:09:35 -0400
schrieb Derrick Edwards <derrick at uniquestrength.net>:

> 	Hi,
> When I try to run skype I get the following message.
>
> [derrick at focus /usr/home/derrick]$ skype
> skype_bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: cannot open
>
> So, I try to install it and I get this message. I cant deinstall Xorg so what
> should I do?

Somehow your installation is buggy. Please make sure you are using
linux-base-8. Without further information about your environment I can
just suggest to do:
 - ls -1 /var/db/pkg | grep linux	# keep this info somehow
 - deinstall every of those ports
 - install skype (it should install linux_base-8 and some other linux
   ports) and make sure it runs
 - have a look at the list from the first step and look for those
   applications only which you absolutely know you want to run
 - install those linux apps (maybe the linux jdk or linux opera or
   whatever)

Bye,
Alexander.

WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/