Maintaining Site Specific Ports

Ian A. Tegebo yontege at rescomp.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 19 23:22:55 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:59:25AM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:36:00 -0700
> "Ian A. Tegebo" <yontege at rescomp.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
> > I'm interested in maintaining a set of ports that install site specific
> > files.  I was hoping to set something up like Gentoo's Portage Overlay:
> >
> > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=5#doc_chap2
> >
> > A coworker simply tried putting a custom port in
> > /usr/ports/OURSITE/ourport but couldn't get indexing to work; does
> > anyone have any experience doing something like this?
I'm looking at /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk for some more clues.

> You need to add OURSITE to VALID_CATEGORIES,
Do you mean do:

VALID_CATEGORIES+= OURSITE

in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk?

> OURSITE to SUBDIR in ports/Makefile and
> ourport to SUBDIR in ports/OURSITE/Makefile
The first part is clear but after looking in some example ports I couldn't
find exactly what SUBDIR in ports/OURSITE/Makefile would do.

I did come across /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/addport and

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/ports.html

so it seems I have some playing around to do.

--
ian